Recipe by shellbee
submitted by patrice barker in 1999 taste of home cook book
Top Review by my3beachbabes
I made this for Spring PAC 08' ! It was easy to put together and the taste was pretty good! I think next time I make it I will make a few changes, a few less olives and try some different cheeses! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed olives, chopped (1-1.5 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 lb deli ham, thin sliced
- 1⁄4 lb salami
- 1⁄4 lb cooked pork
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 lb muenster cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 loaf round Italian bread
Directions See How It's Made
- in a bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoe, onion, olives and salad dressing and set aside.
- cut 1 inch off top of bread and set aside.
- carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaf; leave a 1/2 shell.
- (discard removed bread but keep it for other purposes such as homemade croutons).
- layer 1/4 of meats and cheeses inside shell.
- top with 1/3 of vegetable mixture.
- repeat layers and end with meat and cheeses,.
- gently pressing down as needed.
- replace top.
- wrap tightly in plastic wrap in fridge.
- can be made the day before if desired.