Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from "Great Good Food: Luscious Lower Fat Cooking" by The Silver Palate's Julee Rosso. The cook time is the time for marinating and chilling. Not for kids...omit the marinated cherries if making for your lunch box!
- 1 lb cooked turkey
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup sambuca romana
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat cottage cheese or 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup red apple, cored and diced (skin on)
- 1 cup green apple, cored and diced (skin on)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the cherries and Sambuca; marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place the yogurt, cottage cheese and mayo in a blender and blend until smooth; set aside. (You may choose to use all mayo.).
- Shred or cube the turkey into bite-size pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Add the apples, celery, fennel and marinated cherries, and toss well. Add the dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.