Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on www.wildcatch.com. It is simply wonderful! You get the best of both worlds, greens and omega-3's.
- 4 (3 3/4 ounce) cans sockeye salmon (try Wildcatch.com)
- 4 ounces broccoli, broken into florets
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 ounces mixed green and yellow beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces mixed nuts
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the salmon, reserving the liquid. Then break the salmon into large chunks. Set aside.
- Cook the broccoli in a little boiling water for 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, spinach, pepper, avocado, tomatoes and mixed beans. Share between 4 bowls or plates and arrange.
- the salmon chunks on top. Sprinkle with the nuts and seeds.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and mustard with 2 tbsp of the reserved salmon liquid and a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the salads.
- Cook's tip: If you prefer, use wholegrain mustard instead of Dijon.