Recipe by SilentCricket
I'm posting this recipe in response to a request, plus it looked like a very good mix to use in a variety of ways. Plus, making a batch of this could be great for gifts and/or items to sell at a craft fair or bazaar! (from the Make-a-Mix cookbook)
Top Review by EdsGirlAngie
This is so delicious and unique! I discovered that it's wonderful on hot buttered popcorn, too! I didn't use the poppy seeds (always wondering if they're stuck in my teeth...) and I substituted onion powder for the instant minced onion, but the rest was to the letter. I did toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet for about 5 minutes - absolutely delicious addition. In fact, I think they're one of the things that make this mix so tasty. Great recipe; will make this againa and again.
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (toasting may bring out more flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill seed
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon msg (optional)
- 3 tablespoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix well.
- Put into a 1-qt.
- airtight container.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use within 3 to 4 months.
- This mix can be sprinkled over tossed green salads, baked potatoes, and various breads before toasting.
- It can also be a garnish for potato salads, macaroni/pasta salads, or egg salads.
- You can also make a dip with 2 tablespoons.
- mix and add 1 cup sour cream.
- NOTE: You could probably add dried red or green pepper for extra color and flavor too, if desired!