Recipe by Chefiebig
This is a crowd pleaser that can be made a day ahead. It's my favorite salad to make, serve and eat. I never have leftovers.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small red onion, sliced (other salad ingredients as desired, I don't recommend anything too "wet" like tomatoes, but radishes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (use real mayonnaise, do not substitute salad dressing)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 bag frozen sweetlet peas
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass bowl, combine all salad ingredients (can be layered, but it's easier to serve if veggies are tossed first).
- Press down veggies lightly so that the top is even.
- Top salad with an even layer of frozen peas.
- Combine sugar and mayonnaise.
- Spread mayonnaise evenly over peas.
- Top with cheese and then bacon bits.
- Can be made the day before.