Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Small servings are good for this sweet recipe.
- 20 ounces mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 8 cups Rice Krispies
- 14 ounces caramels
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Melt 1 1/2 packages of marshmallows and 1/2 cups butter in themicrowave, add the Rice Krispies. Pat two-thirds of the mixture int eh bottom of a buttered 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle half a package of marshmallows on top. Melt the unwrapped caramels, milk, and 1/4 cup butter in the microwave and spread on the marshmallows.
- Pat the remaining Rice Krispie mixture on top. Put in the refrigerator and cut into squares.
These are great gooey bars. Just a couple of notes I might add - The rice krispie/marshmellow mix sets up quickly, so prepare the caramel sauce first and keep it warm and 'pourable'. The 9x13 pan makes a thinner bar and I found it difficult to make a solid krispie layer that would keep the caramel sauce from finding it's way to the bottom of the pan. A cooler (hence thicker) caramel sauce would also help. Next time I make these I would probably use an 8 x 10 pan just so the bottom layer could be more dense. Last tidbit - butter your fingers to help keep the rice krispies from sticking to you when your lightly smooshing the layers in the pan!