Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "Food & Wine" 2/07
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 2⁄3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- marshmallows, for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut milk and sugar and heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar; keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream and whole milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chocolate chips and remove from the heat.
- Let stand, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted; whisk until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into 8 mugs and spoon some of the coconut milk on top.
- Garnish with the marshmallows and serve.
Super rich, indeed! I added some skim milk to this! The coconut didn't come through as much as i had hoped. It made for a cozy dessert, tho. Made for My 3 Chefs 11/08.