Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I improvised on another recipe with what I had on hand and ended up with the BEST and RICHEST cornbread. This is great alongside my Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. Tip: Don't get heavy-handed with the cayenne pepper, or the bread can quickly become way too spicy.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained (no salt added)
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix the corn muffin mix, cayenne pepper, egg, and vegetable oil.
- Stir in the drained can of corn, the heavy whipping cream, and the cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Edges should just be starting to brown.
The best corn bread we have ever had! Served it with the Addictive Mexican Stew. Super easy to make. Made exactly as directed. My 2 year old devoured it!