Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
A relatively quick and easy cake, with a dynamite taste! During the school year (my husband and I are both teachers), things get a little hectic with grading exams, papers, and projects...plus my son Jake is starting pre-school in a few weeks...so I'm glad to have some fast, reliable goodies on hand that don't take too much time to make or require a lot of fuss. Try it once--you'll see;)
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Made it just as stated and the cake came out beautiful albeit a bit dry. That improved after a few days though. Good chocolate taste, easy to make. I am pleased to have tried it.
Thanks for posting.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Dutch processed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Grease and flour a 10" fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- In 3 additions each, beat in the flour mixture and sour cream just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until the center tests done.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan; invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.