Recipe by curly tops
This is my version of carbonara. I got the recipe from a cooking show, but did not list down anything. So what's listed here is from my memory, but my family, my cousins, nephews, and even my neighbors love it. Personally, I just rely on my tastebuds all the time. This is the first recipe that i'm posting. Prep and cooking time are approximates.
- 1 kg fettuccine
- 1 cup butter
- 4 white onions, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms (stems&pieces)
- 2 boneless beef cubes
- 5 cups water
- 200 g quickmelt cheese
- 378 ml evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in water
- 4 -5 slices bacon, chopped and cooked (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- cook pasta according to package directions.
- saute onions in 1/4 cup of butter until onions are transparent. add mushrooms and beef cubes. saute until beef cubes are dissolved.
- add water, cheese, milk, and remaining butter. bring to a boil while stirring occassionally. simmer until the cheese dissolves.
- add cornstarch mixture to desired consistency. (I like it really thick so I use around 3 tbsp cornstarch disolved in very little water).
- simmer for a few more minutes.
- pour sauce over pasta and top with bacon, if desired.