Recipe by Delish
These are so quick to throw together. I like to make these when I want a yeast roll but don't have the time to wait for it to rise twice. My mom made these when I was growing up and they were very soft. I loved to make peanut butter sandwiches with them. Store in plastic bag or covered container to keep soft.
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, yeast, oil and sugar or honey; let rest for 15 minutes.
- Add salt, egg, and flour to yeast mixture and mix well.
- Roll out 3/4 inch thick and cut into 10-12 rounds.
- Place rolls on cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 400-425 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Be careful not to overbake or they will be too dry. Every oven is different.