1/4 Photos of Super Quick Whole Wheat Buns
These are so quick to throw together. I like to make these when I want a yeast roll but don't have the time to wait for it to rise twice. My mom made these when I was growing up and they were very soft. I loved to make peanut butter sandwiches with them. Store in plastic bag or covered container to keep soft.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water, yeast, oil and sugar or honey; let rest for 15 minutes.
- 2Add salt, egg, and flour to yeast mixture and mix well.
- 3Roll out 3/4 inch thick and cut into 10-12 rounds.
- 4Place rolls on cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- 5Bake at 400-425 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Be careful not to overbake or they will be too dry. Every oven is different.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Quick Whole Wheat Buns
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 242.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g