1/2 Photos of Super Quick Thai Flavoured Stir-Fried Chicken.
This origionally came from a New Zealand cookbook by Alison Holst, but has been adapted to our families tastes over the years. A super easy and tasty chicken recipe that cooks up quickly for those days when you want a nice result without necessarily making a big effort :)I never use *only* a small amount of cilantro (coriander) personally I use a whole handful, but I love the stuff...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g chicken breast fillets (about 1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (I mince mine in a garlic press)
- 3 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (Rice vinegar or Wine vinegars are in the original recipe -you choose which you prefer or have on han)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (or instant stock powder in 1/4 cup water)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh coriander (Cilantro) or 2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil (optional, but coriander is gorgeous)
- 1Slice chicken fillets into thin strips.
- 2Mix chicken with oil, garlic, spring onions, soy sauce, vinegar, chili powder and chili sauce and sugar.
- 3Using a high heat, fry chicken mixture in a large frypan until chicken is well cooked through, stirring all the time (since the chicken is sliced thinly, this takes only a few minutes).
- 4The mixture will reduce slightly as the chicken cooks.
- 5Mix cornflour with the chicken stock (or water) in a small cup, so there are no lumps.
- 6Add cornflour mixture to the chicken mixture and cook on high until mixture reduces by half (Watch out, this literally takes 30 seconds to a minute).
- 7Toss in the coriander.
- 8Serve on rice or noodles with a salad.
- 9I often omit the chili sauce if serving to young children and it tastes a little bit more bland but great all the same.
- 10This cooks so fast that I cut up the chicken, put it in the fridge, have everything else ready in the frypan and the cornflour and coriander ready to go and just fling everything together at the very last moment.
- 11Making it too far in advance means that the sauce gets so thick that it starts sticking terribly to the bottom of the frypan.
- 1290% of the cook time is the time it takes to crush the garlic, chop the onions, mix the cornflour etc. Time in the frypan is +/- 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Quick Thai Flavoured Stir-Fried Chicken.
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.4 mg
- Sodium 480.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 27.8 g