Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This one's a keeper. I would never have thought to use shrimp in quesadillas, and it's terrific. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home August/September 2012 and Angie Ressa of Cheney, Washington.
- 1 3⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup small shrimp (peeled, cooked, and deveined)
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped and drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, shrimp, green chilies, and green onions.
- Place half of the tortillas on a greased griddle and sprinkle with cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining tortillas. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash avocado with salsa and garlic salt. Serve with quesadillas.