Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
30 MINUTE MEAL This is a really simple quick way to make shepards pie. Quick weeknight dinner. prep time about 10 min cook time 20 min
- 1 lb ground beef
- 26 1⁄4 ounces vegetable beef soup (family size)
- 15 1⁄4 ounces corn (can corn, drained)
- 6 slices American cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 -8 cups instant mashed potatoes (prepared)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef (season to taste), drain grease.
- Prepare you favorite instant mashed potatoes while beef is cooking, add half of the butter to your potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste (other half of butter will be added to the top later).
- Once beef is brown add soup and corn reduce heat, simmer until hot.
- Put meat and soup mixture in a 9x13 baking dish top with the slices of cheese
- Add mashed potatoes to the top of the meat mixture.
- Cut the rest of the butter into patties and place evenly on the casserol
- Sprinkle with paprika, cover with foil.
- Put in pre heated oven 350 and bake for 20 minute.