Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is quick and very tasty! The prosciutto gives the fish a totally different flavor. It is a slight variation on a Healthy Appetite recipe.
- 2 (5 ounce) tilapia fillets (or other fish)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce prosciutto, thinly sliced (4 slices)
- cooking spray
- Grind pepper over fish and wrap each piece in 2 slices of prosciutto.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat to medium-high heat. Add fish fillets and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until prosciutto is crisping and fish is starting to brown. You may need to turn the heat down to medium after a few minutes. Note: adjust cooking time if using another type of fish that is thicker than tilapia.
Wow is this yummy! I love tilapia and the prosciutto just adds that little something special...Thanks so much for posting this!
Very good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written. This was a nice change from our regular fish recipe.
This is super quick as promised and delicious, the fish comes out incredibly tender. My prosciutto was perhaps a touch too thick and overwhelmed the fish a bit but my husband clearly enjoyed this dish anyway. It looks great on the plate and is certainly company worthy.