Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup water, lukewarm
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (both work fine) or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted (both work fine)
- Preheat oven 425°F
- Mix the yeast with the lukewarm water until the yeast is dissolved.
- Let it stand for a couple minutes. Add the salt and vegetable oil/melted margarine. Mix.
- Add the flour, and mix.
- Roll out the dough.
- Put it in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take it out and rub margarine over it.
- Add toppings, and cook for 10-15 more minutes.
This was a very nice fast crust. I live in a very humid climate and forgot to cut the water so the dough was VERY sticky. I added a little flour and then just spread the sticky dough in the pan. It was soft and tasty, and could be picked up, which made it better than every other quick pizza fix I've found. It was fun to make with my kids, too. This will be our standby recipe when we want pizza quick.
Better than a pizza kit crust, but more like a tortilla than pizza crust. Did not crisp up, even on higher heat.