2 hrs 30 mins
Bokenpop aka Madeleine's Note:
This is the latest version of bread coming out of my kitchen. Husband and Son eat it almost as soon as it is out of the oven which makes me grouse at them about sore stomachs. Blahblahblah is probably all they hear because they carry on eating it! Sometimes I make plain crust bread and other times I roll the dough in cracked wheat before placing it in the pans. Either way the bread has a wonderfully crisp crust and a really tender inside.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together.
- 2Add water and stir in until a really sticky dough has formed.
- 3Cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place to rise.
- 4Punch down and divide dough into two balls.
- 5If you are using the cracked wheat, roll the dough balls in the cracked wheat now.
- 6Place into well greased pans and bake at 400F for 1 hour.
- 7Cook's note: No need for a second rising as the bread rises perfectly in the oven on baking.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super-Quick No-Knead Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1379.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1180.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 289.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 39.5 g