Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
This is the latest version of bread coming out of my kitchen. Husband and Son eat it almost as soon as it is out of the oven which makes me grouse at them about sore stomachs. Blahblahblah is probably all they hear because they carry on eating it! Sometimes I make plain crust bread and other times I roll the dough in cracked wheat before placing it in the pans. Either way the bread has a wonderfully crisp crust and a really tender inside.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add water and stir in until a really sticky dough has formed.
- Cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place to rise.
- Punch down and divide dough into two balls.
- If you are using the cracked wheat, roll the dough balls in the cracked wheat now.
- Place into well greased pans and bake at 400F for 1 hour.
- Cook's note: No need for a second rising as the bread rises perfectly in the oven on baking.