Recipe by Jewelies
I use a BBQ chicken for this to make a super quick salad/dinner!
Top Review by Annacia
This was very enjoyable. I used a chicken breast that was cooked with lemon and herbs which really added to the overall taste. It certainly lives up to it's name of Super Quick. I had to use dried mint, 1/2 tsp, and I skipped the French Dressing mainly because I simply can't imagine it adding anything good to this dish (sorry Jewelies). Mine was finished with a squeeze of fresh lemon and a liberal sprinkling of cinnamon. Saved to two of my cookbooks for repeat preformances.
- 20 ml pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 300 g couscous
- 1 medium red onion
- 480 g shredded cooked chicken
- 75 g dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 80 g sultanas
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 180 ml French dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir pine nuts and cumin seeds in a small skillet over low heat until just fragrant.
- Bring stock to a boil in large saucepan, remove from heat.
- Stir in couscous, cover, stand about 5 minutes or until stock is absorbed, fluff with a fork.
- Stir in onion, chicken, apricots, sultanas and mint.
- Add pine nuts and cumin seeds.
- Add dressing, toss gently to combine.