Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cupcakes are always popular with the kids. Makes a lovely white, soft cake with a golden top. You can make them in the small patty tins or in muffin tins. Top them with some frosting or turn them into butterfly cakes. Unlucky for me...this recipe is not gluten free. Makes approx. 12 large or 24 small cupcakes
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar (aka superfine sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125 g butter, softened (4oz)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and beat slowly for one minute and then on a higher speed for two minutes.
- Spoon into paper lined trays and bake 10-15 minutes at 180°C.
- Cool on a wire rack and decorate as desired.
Oh these remind of the cupcakes I had as a child. They are so light and fluffy just perfect! I made 48 mini cupcakes. Made and reviewed for Aussie Ed'n 8: MAKE MY RECIPE- Tag game. Thanks **Jubes** this is a wonderful recipe!