Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pastry can be used for both sweet and savory pies, pasties, sausage rolls, etc. It takes minutes to make and gives baked meals that perfect pastry crunch!
- Place flour in mixing bowl, make a well in the center.
- Put oil and hot water in cup or jug and pour onto flour.
- Mix well until all flour is incorporated. The dough should be quite pliable.
- Allow to cool a little until you can comfortably handle it, but make sure to use while warm.
- Roll out on floured surface and use immediately.
- For Vegetarian omit animal fat or Lard.
- For Vegan omit Animal Fat, Lard or melted butter and use only oil.
Doubled this up (not a good idea as had to work twice as hard before it got too cool!) and have made lots of quiches / flans. It certainly makes good crisp pastry. Will use again!