This pastry can be used for both sweet and savory pies, pasties, sausage rolls, etc. It takes minutes to make and gives baked meals that perfect pastry crunch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour in mixing bowl, make a well in the center.
- 2Put oil and hot water in cup or jug and pour onto flour.
- 3Mix well until all flour is incorporated. The dough should be quite pliable.
- 4Allow to cool a little until you can comfortably handle it, but make sure to use while warm.
- 5Roll out on floured surface and use immediately.
- 6For Vegetarian omit animal fat or Lard.
- 7For Vegan omit Animal Fat, Lard or melted butter and use only oil.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Quick Hot Water Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (964 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g