Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from "Quick & Simple" by James Barber and it sure is! I usually make it in a round pie tin, not the baking sheet he recommends. I don't add the black olives because I don't care for them. This was titled as just a focaccia but after PAC with Dwynnie reviewing my recipe she mentioned that it has a bit of a biscut type texture so we came up with a new name. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 5 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup water or 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- grated parmesan cheese
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil and garlic then add the water or milk to make a dough.
- Knead gently on floured board.
- Roll into round shape and pat onto an ungreased 8" round flat pizza dish, baking tray or put into a pie pan.
- Poke holes all over with your fingers.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and some grated parmesan cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes in a 400F/200C oven.
- Serve with chopped black olives in the indentations and olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip.
This was a good, very easy, quick bread with a bowl of soup! It has more of a biscuit-like texture than some focaccia (as there is no yeast) and wonderful flavor! A keeper! Thank you!
This sleep was a fun bread to make!! when you wake up @ 230 am and you cant fall back to sleep- I thought lets make an easy Focaccia!! It turned out Beautiful!!
Easy and loved it although nowhere did it tell me when to add the Rosemary in the directions!