Scott Rhoades's Note:
When you are hungry for good salsa but don't want to chop away for it. Easy dump recipe. The only chopping you have to do is the peppers and cilantro(if you like it). I just buy a bunch of cilantro, chop it up, and freeze the rest. That way it's ready to just add the next time you make salsa. The corn and/or beans are optional. Adjust the peppers, salt, lime juice, and Cumin to taste. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with sweet onions
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 -2 serrano pepper (chopped fine)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (can be bought in jars)
- 1 cup of canned white corn or 1 cup canned black beans (or 1/2 cup of each) (optional)
- 1Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix with spoon.
- 2If you feel like an extra bit of work and flavor, pan fry the corn until it's slightly blackened first, then add to salsa.
- 3If you want less heat try only one Serrano Pepper and/or remove seeds and pith first.
- 4Refrigerate for a couple of hours to let the flavors mingle before eating.
- 5Grab some corn chips, then dip and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Quick & Easy Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 394.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with sweet onions