Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When you are hungry for good salsa but don't want to chop away for it. Easy dump recipe. The only chopping you have to do is the peppers and cilantro(if you like it). I just buy a bunch of cilantro, chop it up, and freeze the rest. That way it's ready to just add the next time you make salsa. The corn and/or beans are optional. Adjust the peppers, salt, lime juice, and Cumin to taste. Enjoy.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with sweet onions
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 -2 serrano pepper (chopped fine)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (can be bought in jars)
- 1 cup of canned white corn or 1 cup canned black beans (or 1/2 cup of each) (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix with spoon.
- If you feel like an extra bit of work and flavor, pan fry the corn until it's slightly blackened first, then add to salsa.
- If you want less heat try only one Serrano Pepper and/or remove seeds and pith first.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to let the flavors mingle before eating.
- Grab some corn chips, then dip and enjoy!