Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is super quick and easy to make and it's not dried out, it's undeniably moist and flavorful. My brother came up with this but I've tweaked it a little bit and haven't made meatloaf in the oven since! I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 cup mustard
- 2 pieces white bread, torn up into small pieces
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- In large bowl mix the onion, carrot, egg, milk, ¼ cup ketchup, mustard, bread, salt and pepper, then mix in the ground beef.
- Place into large glass dish and shape. (a large pie plate works good).
- Cover with a paper towel and microwave on high for 15 minutes. (Turn four times while microwaving if you don’t have a carousel).
- Remove from microwave, throw away the paper towel and remove most of the grease from the dish.
- Spread meatloaf with additional ketchup and a little barbecue sauce as desired. (I use about 2 tablespoons ketchup and 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce).
- Cover with a new paper towel and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove from dish and place on serving plate.
- Slice and enjoy!