Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Fitness Magazine, November 2007.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2⁄3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup ice
- whipped cream (to garnish) (optional)
- cinnamon (to garnish) (optional)
- Blend everything except the ice until smooth.
- Add ice; continue to blend until thick and creamy.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon, if desired.
This is delicious. I did not add the nutmeg as we don't consume intoxicants, neither did I add the ice out of preference and added no optionals either! I used cold homemade almond milk for the milk, to be dairy free. The canned pumpkin I used was also cold, same with the Pure Canadian maple syrup! I may make this again if I'm craving pumpkin pie.
Not a fan of this one at all. To me, it just tasted like canned pumpkin with nutmeg and milk. I ended up adding about a cup and a half of vanilla yogurt to it to make it work. After that, it was pretty good. I would leave out the ice and do the yogurt instead.
Delicious! Better than pumpkin pie and healthier, too! I replaced the milk with soy milk and replaced the maple syrup with ginger jam.