Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tastes indulgent, yet it is good for you. In all of my Super Protein Fruit flavored smoothies, the idea for the Kool Aid to intensify the fruit flavor was Chef Deborah of Vegsource idea.
- 5 frozen strawberries
- 1⁄8 ounce package strawberry Kool-Aid, unprepared
- 1 tablespoon plain powdered soy protein concentrate
- 2 tablespoons tofu yogurt or 2 tablespoons soy yogurt or 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 cup soymilk, as needed to process (I use unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute, to taste
- 1 -2 ice cube
- Blend the berries, Kool Aid, soy protein powder, yogurt, Splenda and soy milk.
- Blend in ice.
This is a good variation to one's variety of protein smoothies so that things don't get dull. I cut the Kool-Aid down to only a dash since an entire package is meant to make 2 quarts. I also cut the sweetener down to 2 pkts. Not as creamy as some smoothies, but tasty none the less.