Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
Really healthy and energy-giving oatmeal (porridge in UK!), great for runners. Post-run, I eat this made with water and add salt; pre-run, I make it with soymilk and add agave.
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon pea protein powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (or flax)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water (depending on how thick you want it) or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup soymilk (depending on how thick you want it)
- Combine dry ingredients in a saucepan and stir to mix, so the pea protein doesn't clump together.
- Add water or soymilk and bring to the boil, stirring all the time. I usually take it off the heat once it's simmering and leave it for a few minutes (or up to an hour) to thicken then reheat once I'm ready but you don't need to. If you leave it a while, you might need to add a bit more liquid when reheating.
- Serve when ready with whatever toppings you want!
A fabulous use of pea protein and chia seeds. Delicious and filling. I sprinkled a little cinnamon on it all and used almond milk.