Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
After over 10 variations this one seems to be the crowd favorite, its slighly sweet but makes a great crust.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (I use light brown sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1⁄4 ounce quick-rising yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to coat bowl and prepeared dough)
- put yeast packet in 1 cup of luke warm water.
- let it dissolve about 3 minutes.
- put flour, salt, white and brown sugar in a bowl mix slightly.
- pour in the 1 cup of water with the yeast in it.
- add 1/4 cup water to batch.
- mix ( using dough hook on mixer or by hand).
- pour in butter and honey
- mix or knead for 10 minutes or untill its smooth and elastic.
- put back in bowl and coat dough ball with a little olive oil and the sides of the bowl.
- put plastice wrap over bowl.
- let rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours ( if you have time do 2- 1 1/2 hour rises punching down the dough after the first).
- heat oven to 425 and cook till slightly brown (about 6-9 minutes).
- put on favorite sauce and toppings and enjoy.