1/10 Photos of Super Peanut Butter Filled Brownies
My most-requested dessert recipe. Moist brownie bottom topped with a thick peanut butter filling and topped off with a chocolate glaze. Please watch the brownies carefully and remove from the oven when toothpick comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it. If your toothpick comes out completely clean then they are overbaked and you will end up with a "cake-like" brownie. Glass pyrex baking pans have yielded the best results in my experience. Note: This recipe doubles beautifully!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces unsweetened high quality chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate (1/2 square)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 -3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a small saucepan, melt unsweetened and semisweet chocolates with butter over low heat, set aside to cool slightly.
- 3In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and pale colored. Mix in 1 tsp vanilla.
- 4Add flour, salt and melted chocolate.
- 5Stir to combine.
- 6Pour into a greased 9 in square baking pan.
- 7Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes or until brownies test done with toothpick coming clean but with moist crumbs clinging to it.
- 8Do not overbake.
- 10For filling, add peanut butter and butter in a mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly combined and smooth. Note: You will get a much taller filling (as pictured) if you whip this with an electric mixture to incorporate lots of air.
- 11Slowly add powdered sugar, mixture will be a bit crumbly.
- 12Blend in cream until mixture is fluffy and reaches desired spreading consistency.
- 13Spread over cooled brownies, cover and chill until firm.
- 14For glaze, melt chocolate and butter in saucepan, stir until smooth.
- 15Drizzle over the filling.
- 16Chill well before cutting.
- 17Let sit at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes before serving.
- 18You don't want to serve these ice cold out of the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Peanut Butter Filled Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.4
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.9 mg
- Sodium 176.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g