Recipe by abloom69
These are really good and kids just love them
Top Review by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
These are really good. The texture reminds me of macaroons. Space them at least 1.5inches from each other. I got 68 cookies (47 if you count the ones that joined up during baking). My tablespoons were very generous. The PB gives it a very nice flavour. I'd add at least 1 cup each of choc chips, raisin and walnuts. It's a keeper.
- 3 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour (or a combination) or 3 1⁄2 cups wheat flour (or a combination)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups oats
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips or 2⁄3 cup carob chips
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter,peanut butter and sugars.
- Beat in eggs one at a time then add milk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture, then oats, chocolate chips, raisins, coconut and nuts.
- Drop by generously rounded spoonfuls on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned, remove to a rack and cool.