Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mother-in-law is allergic to everything. This cookie is an adapted Skippy Peanut butter recipe. It is wheat-free, white sugar free, and dairy free.... and most important super soft and very yummy.
- 1 cup almond butter or 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all ingredient in a medium sized bowl, using a wooden spoon or heavy duty mixer.
- After throughly mixed add any additional optional ingredients--my favorites: cracked nuts, chocolate chips, or carob chips.
- Roll into very small balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 minutes in the oven or until puffed and golden.
- Cookies will be VERY soft until cooled completely.
I found another recipe on this site almost the same, and it was the BEST cookie i had ever eaten and one of the only cookies i will now make, the only difference was i didn't use baking soda. thanks for postin, i havn't tried it with almond butter, but i should and then i will write another post Miss Pixie x x x
Great recipe. It works well for my stomach condition because it has no wheat in it. I'm actually allowed to eat cookies now! :) My family even loved the cookies. My mom said that they were the best cookies ever. I added a tsp. of vanilla extract and powdered sugar on top. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I also used low fat peanut butter.
These were too sugary for our tastes. In small doses, they are good, like candy, but the 24 cookies were too big. If I make them again, I would make them smaller, and add the nuts to give them more texture. I had to "drop"them, they were too runny to roll into balls.