This is from the Super Baby Food book; but I have mixed it up a bit to make it easier to do. It's probably as expensive as refined cereal, but has more jam-packed with nutrition and taste! Use organic ingredients when possible! Please don't feed this entire recipe to a 6-month old, and not at all to a child under 6 months. Go slowly, adding one extra ingredient each week, to make sure they aren't allergic. There is not enough iron in this cereal to satisfy a breastfed baby, so please talk to your pediatrician about drops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1grind up whatever grains you plan to use in a grinder, blender, or magic bullet--2 minutes for a beginner eater, and less as the child gets older.
- 2Add the water and then blend again to combine.
- 3Pour mixture into a pan and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let simmer, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
- 4Let cool in the fridge for about 10-20 minutes.
- 5Place the tofu and egg-yolk in the blender with the cereal and blend again until smooth.
- 6Keeps in the fridge for about 4-5 days, so make this twice a week. Double the recipe as the child gets older, and maybe serve the tofu and eggs as a finger food instead of in the cereal.
- 7Optionally, before serving add any or all of the following; 1 teaspoon tahini, 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast, 1/8-1/4 cup pureed fruit or vegetable. Heat up in the microwave or the stove and mix together.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Nutritional Homemade Baby Cereal
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.4
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 5.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g