I found this in a 1976 Sunset Hors d'oeuveres cookbook and have been making it ever since. We sometimes make a meal out of it. If you don't want to use the chorizo, you can use all ground beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) green chilies, chopped
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (or shredded cheddar cheese)
- 3/4 cup taco sauce (green or red)
- taco chips
- 1Crumble beef and sausage in a frying pan. Add onion and cook on high heat, stirring until meats are browned. Discard any fat; season with salt and liquid hot pepper seasoning to taste.
- 2Spread beans in a shallow 10 x 15 dish/pan (or other similar oven proof dish with equivilalent area). Top evenly with meat. Sprinkle chilies over bean and meat mixture, cover evenly with cheese and drizzle with taco sauce.
- 3Cover and chill if made ahead.
- 4Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until very hot throughout.
- 5Remove from oven and quickly garnish with some or all of the garnishes.
- 6Serve with your favorite taco type chips.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Nachos Delux
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.4
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 729.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 19.9 g