Recipe by keen5
These score high at Superbowl parties, or any get together!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Excellent. The dip puts this nachos right up at the top for us. It is even good on regular Doritoes. Next time I drain my salsa, since it did separate and made this a little watery, but not the fault of the recipe. It was just my salsa that I used. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for My-Three-Chefs Fall 08
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa, mild,medium,or hot
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped and seeded if desired
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (1 lb) bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream and onion.
- Spread in a flat serving bowl and top with a layer of salsa.
- Mix together green and red pepper and chopped tomato.
- Sprinkle evenly over salsa layer and top with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, arrange tortillas on 2 large baking sheets; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches below heat until cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with layered salsa dip.