Recipe by Baby Chevelle
These are great! I like to serve them as appetizers. They are great for things like Superbowl parties, or when guests or over. I have even made them ahead and then taken to someone else's house and popped them in oven there, and then topped them. This recipe comes from Loma-Linda's Mexican Cuisine.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2⁄3 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 7 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with lemon juice. Stir in the onion, tomato, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Mash beans with 1/3 cup of water; place in skillet, and cook over medium heat until hot.
- Stir in oil; remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another skillet cook beef; drain. Stir in chili powder and remaining water; cook until liquid evaporates.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange chips in a single layer.
- Top with teaspoonfuls of bean and meat mixtures.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400°F until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
- Top with avocado mixture and sour cream
- Serve immediately.