1/2 Photos of Super Moist Super Easy Banana Bread - OAMC
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This bread freezes delightfully, if you slice it and wrap pieces it's fantastic to grab in the morning going out of the door. To have at night as a snack, or to pull out for tea with friends :). I hate nuts.. but you could add 1 1/2 cups walnuts or pecans if desired. EDIT:When I wrote this I failed to see how I'd missed the "simple" steps. I have a kitchenaid stand mixer with one of those pour in spouts. I drop my wet stuff in the bowl, put on the spout, put the arm down and put it on mix. I just drop in the dry as it mixes. I think it really takes me like 10 minutes max, to actually make this, and that's with the putting stuff in the bowl and adding the attachment. One poster said she'd had problems with a "baking powder taste", just try cutting it back. Cut your recipe in half and try 1 loaf, if you still have the problem, cut the powder back by 1/8th of a tsp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put butter, eggs, vanilla, sugar and banana's into a large bowl and blend with an electric mixer.
- 2Add flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla.
- 3Beat for 1-2 minutes with the electric mixer until well blended.
- 4If using fold in nuts at this point.
- 5Pour into two sprayed or greased 9x5x3" loaf pans.
- 6Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 7Remove, cool in pan for 5 minutes. Then on racks for 20 minutes. You must must must NOT let it cool too long, I wrap it when it's barely cool enough to handle. The longer it cools the more moisture it will lose.
- 8Using a large knife (I use a large butcher knife) carefully slice into portions, then wrap very tightly with plastic wrap.
- 10To reheat for a quick bite in the morning, microwave for 1.30 to 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Moist Super Easy Banana Bread - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 384.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g