Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is how I always make my stuffing - I can never beat the flavor of the boxed stuff, but this way no one has to know that's how I did it! I think I might have got this off a box a long time ago but can't remember.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 1 chopped onion
- 16 ounces seasoned stuffing mix (any flavor will do, but I think the herb flavored ones work best)
- Heat broth, pepper, celery and onion in a saucepan over medium-high heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover saucepan and cook 5 minutes more till veggies are tender.
- Add stuffing and mix lightly.
- Spoon stuffing into a greased casserole dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
It's definitely OK to cheat sometimes and this is a great way to cheat!! Super simple and the options on flavours is endless! I went with a herby, onion mix and we loved this with our Sunday roast!
It's ok to take short cuts - this is really good and have been asked for the recipe. I play around with boxed stuffings and add cranberries, apricots, raisins, etc. The possibilities are endless. Haven's made my own stuffing recipe in years and this is coming from someone who does not like anything out of a box!!!!!