Recipe by Angel-mae & cleopatra's mummy
I make this cake for my daughter who has a wheat intolerance. It's a beautiful moist cake and it's delicious by itself or iced with lemon cream cheese icing. You can replace the spelt flour for normal flour.
Top Review by Raw for Fun
This was a great recipe. I substituted the canola oil for 3/4 cup coconut oil the sugar for 3/4 cup xylitol. I added 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 cup pureed frozen pineapple and walnuts. I also added 1 tsp of baking soda rather than the 1/8 and made a birthday cake with mine and spread with cream cheese frosting and decorated with pecans. I would double the recipe to make a large sheet cake as my cake was a little flat dew to small batch, but delicious!!
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml raw sugar
- 354.88 ml spelt
- 0.59 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml allspice (or nutmeg or cinnamon)
- 473.18 ml grated carrots, firmly packed
- 236.59 ml walnuts (or hazelnuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk oil eggs and 3/4 cup of raw sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in sifted combined dry ingredients carrot and nuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased lined tin (i use a loaf tin).
- Sprinkle with remaining raw sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 40-45 minutes or until cooked.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing.