Recipe by ItalianMan
Craving some tender and juicy meatballs?? Give this recipe a try! The two secrets are the extra eggs, and cooking the meatballs in the sauce, instead of pre-baking or frying them. Ground chuck or a 50/50 mix of chuck and sirloin work best for full flavor and moistness.
Top Review by Chef8759
These are one of, it not the best all purpose meatballs. I used 2/3rds ground chuck and 1/3rd ground pork for flavor. I've done them twice to rave reviews; once for a group of teenagers, and once for family. I used Giada's basic marinara that I thinned down with a little water and the boat motor.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 cups tomato sauce or 6 -8 cups your favorite spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, garlic, pepper, salt, and wine. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into 1-1/2" or 2" meatballs.
- In a large pot, bring sauce to a boil. Add meatballs one at a time, and simmer over medium-low heat for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve over pasta, or on hoagie buns for meatball subs.