Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Everyone that tries this, asks for the recipe! Keeps amazing well and freezes well too! I often makes several at a time and freeze for school/work lunches. This is probably our families favourite cake. This recipe is an one, not sure where it came from. Enjoy!
- Melt butter and golden syrup, set aside.
- Into a large bowl, sift flours, bi-carb of soda, ginger, cinnamon,mixed spice and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add eggs and milk. Beat well.
- Add melted butter and syrup and mix well to combine.
- Grease and line 2 loaf tins (approx 23cm x 12 cms). Divide mix evenly between the 2 tins.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 deg C / 350 deg F) for about 50 mins or until top is golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tins for 10 mins before removing.
I was so looking forward to trying his but sadly I was disappointed, I didn't find it to be "super moist" I put in candied ginger and extra dry ginger (i adore ginger cake)which did give it some oomph, otherwise I think it would have been bland.
Fantastic. One of the best melt and mix cakes I've ever tried. I added a handful of glace ginger for a little extra oomph.
Thanks for the suggestion to halve the amount of golden syrup. The cake turned out soft and slightly bouncy on the inside and crisp on the outside. Felt good eating it warm on its own. Next time, I'd add 1-2 tbsps of freshly grated young ginger as I prefer it to be more spicy.:)