A chocolate lover's dream! The original recipe came from my mother's dearest friend. I modified the recipe to include the candy bars; however, the brownies are delicious without them - decadent with the candy bars! These are very rich, so cut into small squares.
My Private Note
9x13 pa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 8 ounces ghirardelli sweet dark chocolate, baking bars or 8 ounces other chocolate, bar of your choice, such as 7 oz symphony bar with almonds and toffee chips
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan or spray it with Bakers Joy.
- 3Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter.
- 4Cool (see note below).
- 5Beat the eggs, salt, and sugar until ingredients are light and creamy.
- 6Fold in the chocolate/butter mixture and the vanilla.
- 7Add flour and beat until batter is smooth.
- 8If using optional nuts, fold in now.
- 9Pour half of batter in pan and spread to cover bottom.
- 10Break candy bars in half and place over batter.
- 11Spoon remaining batter on top and spread as evenly as possible.
- 12Bake 23-35 minutes or until set.
- 13Do not overbake.
- 14Cool completely.
- 15With serrated knife, cut into squares.
- 16MELTING CHOCOLATE: I place the butter and chocolate in a small glass bowl and sit the bowl on the burner to my drip coffee maker when I first start this recipe.
- 17It melts the chocolate to perfection, and cleanup is so easy.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super-Moist Double Dark Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 33.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g