- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 36 dark chocolate, buttons
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all dry ingredients together in a large bowl (omitting the almond flakes and choc buttons).
- Add the oil and start beating.
- Add the vinegar and water to the mixture.
- When well mixed, spoon out into 12 cupcake moulds.
- Press 3 choc buttons into each cupcake, ensuring that the buttons are covered.
- Sprinkle the almonds eavenly on top of the cupcakes.
- Bake in a 150C degree oven for 20 minutes or longer depending on your oven. They are ready when a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Turn out cupcakes so that they cool and eat while warm or cold.