Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Moist chocolate cake with mayonnaise as a secret ingredient. The peanut butter frosting is light and fluffy. Great cake for people that love the taste of chocolate and peanut butter.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For cake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans, set aside. (If desired, prepare 13 x 9 pan or 24 cupcakes.).
- In a large bowl, with electric mixer on low speed, beat all cake ingredients 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed, scraping sides occasionally, 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. On wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- For Frosting, in a small bowl, with electric mixer at low speed, beat marshmallow cream, creamy peanut butter and margarine until smooth. Increase speed to medium and beat in remaining ingredients until blended. Evenly spread frosting on completely cooled cake. (Frosting will be sticky.).
This was delicious and decadent. The cake came out so moist, just like the title says. The peanut butter frosting is wonderful! They go together so well. I will be making this one again! Made for the Aussie/New Zealand Recipe Swap #16.