Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This muffin recipe I have adapted from many recipes put together until I got the perfect banana muffin! Love these they are great, super moist and yummy!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup soft unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly butter 24 muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder,cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, whip the bananas and sugar together for a good 3 minutes. Add the soft butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Fold in the nuts if desired with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about halfway.
- Bake until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before turning the muffins out.
I followed the recipe and came perfect!
If you want super fluffy muffins, make sure your butter is SOFT. Like the consistency of shortening. This is the first recipe using the muffin method that I've made that I didn't have liquid fat (oil, melted butter, shortening) and since I used softened butter (like the consistancy when using the creaming method like when making cookies), it kind of dispersed itself into little chunks instead of integrating with the rest of the liquids, and I had to mix it too much to get it homogenous. With muffins, the less mixing, the better.
The flavor is good, and the texture is moist (I don't know about SUPER moist, but it is definitely up there on the moist side), but it was not a very fluffy muffin, which I attribute to my butter temp.
oh boy.....sooooo yummy! I substituted 3/4cup of whole wheat flour, and didn't have any butter so used margarine. I make alot of muffins, but these are a real crowd pleaser!! DH usually isn't interested in anything that doesn't contain meat - but he stole 2 off the cooling rack! Will be making these again soon. Thanks!