Recipe by missybella
This banana bread is moist but yet does not fall apart when cut into slices. Which my husband loves because he loves to toast it.
Top Review by spcsorensen2
We love this recipe! My familyloves it so much I make it every other week as our treat. I make it exactly as it says, even the tip to make the sour milk. It always turns out well. Its moist, it cooks thouroughly, and the top browns beautifully. I think I might do this for my neighbor gifts this year!! Yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour milk (I used 1 tbsp vinager then add milk to make a total of 1/2c and let sit a few minutes)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (you could add a bit more if you like alot of banana)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan or 2 small loaf pans.
- Beat sugar and butter together.
- add eggs.
- add sour milk beat well.
- mix in flour and baking soda mix well
- stir in banana
- pour into prepared loaf pan.
- bake 350 for 1 hour or until the toothpick comes out clean.