Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This banana bread is moist but yet does not fall apart when cut into slices. Which my husband loves because he loves to toast it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour milk (I used 1 tbsp vinager then add milk to make a total of 1/2c and let sit a few minutes)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (you could add a bit more if you like alot of banana)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan or 2 small loaf pans.
- Beat sugar and butter together.
- add eggs.
- add sour milk beat well.
- mix in flour and baking soda mix well
- stir in banana
- pour into prepared loaf pan.
- bake 350 for 1 hour or until the toothpick comes out clean.
We love this recipe! My familyloves it so much I make it every other week as our treat. I make it exactly as it says, even the tip to make the sour milk. It always turns out well. Its moist, it cooks thouroughly, and the top browns beautifully. I think I might do this for my neighbor gifts this year!! Yummy!