Recipe by JOY1998
This is not a dieter's muffin. It is SUPER moist apple pie muffin. This recipe is a twist on existing apple muffin recipes with a delicious graham topping. Compare these ingredients to the other apple muffins. This recipe will produce apple pie type muffins.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Oh these are so good, they baked out lovely and the topping is to die for, the only change I made was reduced the cinnamon to 1 teaspoon and increased the vanilla to 2 teaspoons, mine were perfectly baked in 18 minutes using an air-convection, you couldn't find a more delicious apple muffin than this, I will make this many more times it's a wonderful muffin, thank you for sharing Joy!
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup of melted butter
- 2 cups of diced peeled apples
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups of melted margarine or 1 1⁄2 cups butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, graham crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter in separate bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- Mix in apples and walnuts to flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, sour cream and melted butter and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until mixed completely.
- Pour into greased, muffin cups until 3/4ths full.
- Add topping to each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven. Check if they are done with toothpick.
- Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Use toothpick test to check if done.