Recipe by lgcoffin
These chicken fingers may not be the healthiest, but are super easy to make and turn out tender, moist and delicious! I watch 3 toddlers under 2 1/2 (including my own!) and they all devour these chicken fingers with glee. They are great served plain, cut up over salads, and in Chicken Parmesan. Also delicious reheated in the oven.
- 4 thin chicken breasts
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (for frying)
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cut chicken breasts into bite sized strips or nuggets. Place in bowl of water and set aside.
- 2. Pour the bread flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3. Pour the bread crumbs in another bowl and set aside.
- 4. In another bowl, beat the egg, 1/2 cup water and half and half together.
- 5. Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat.
- 6. Take a chicken strip from the water and dip in the seasoned flour, then in the egg mixture, and finally in the bread crumbs, making sure the chicken is fully coated in each step.
- 7. Set the coated chicken aside to dry and repeat step 6 with the remaining pieces.
- 8. As pieces dry, you can begin to fry them until they are well browned on all sides, approximately 2 minutes per side, depending on the size of the piece.