Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Whole Wheat does not have to mean dry and boring! This bread is incredibly moist- and since it uses apple sauce instead of oil/butter and agave nectar instead of sugar, it is actually good for you! The moistness comes from the sour cream, apple sauce, and agave nectar (which has the consistency of honey... look for it at a whole foods or specialty store). You could probably use Splenda to cut the calories even more.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a small loaf pan (9x5) with nonstick spray.
- Using whisk attachment, mix apple sauce and agave nectar.
- Add eggs, beating well.
- Mix flour and baking soda together and add to apple sauce mixture.
- Blend well with paddle attachment. Add bananas, sour cream, vanilla, and currants. Mix well.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake about 1 hour. Loaf will look very moist.
- Remove loaf from pan and place on cooling rack.