Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My Mother made this meatloaf shortly after a disappointing meatloaf a month before. This one was an instant hit. The 1/4 Cup of shredded Parmesan Cheese should be actual shredded cheese and not the grated powdery stuff from the bottle. I hope everyone enjoys this meatloaf as much as I did.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) packagepackaged onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup caesar crouton
- Combine the Ground beef, Italian sausage, egg, and onion soup mix.
- In a food processor pulse the Green Pepper until finely minced then add to the Beef mix.
- Put Bacon into the food processor and pulse until well ground then add croutons and pulse again until the croutons are small crumbs then add this mixture into the Beef mix.
- Mix well then shape into a loaf and place in a double foiled 11 X 7 loaf pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake until internal temperature hits 165 degrees (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Let stand for 10 minutes, slice, serve.