Recipe by One Happy Woman
These are delicious—super easy, moist, satisfying and healthy, healthy, healthy. You many vary this by using apples and carrots, other spices, adding nuts and other dried fruits or candied ginger in the muffins.
Top Review by Chef Joey Z.
I made these delicious muffins this morning and I had one for breakfast. I'm trying to eat low carb. I added nutmeg and a granny smith apple to this as well as some dark raisins. Oh yummy, I so enjoyed this recipe. I'm going to try them with different things in them next time. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.
- 1 apple, unpeeled, cored, quartered
- 0.5 (14 ounce) package tofu
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk or 1⁄2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor: dump the first five ingredients and blend until the ingredients are 'liquified'.
- Add the salt and baking powder and pulse to mix.
- Add the cinnamon, flour, wheat germ and raisins and pulse just until mixed.
- Spray an ice cream scoop with non-stick spray and use that to form the muffins.
- Bake 350 for about 23 minutes if you make 16 muffins, longer if you make 12 larger muffins.
- These freeze well.